Here are today’s five thing to know about Cashew:
- Pistachio, mango, cashew and poison ivy are in the same family.
- Cashews are native to Costa Rica and most of Central America.
- The fresh cashew nut has a substance inside that produce a highly valuable, and highly toxic product known as Cashew Nut Shell Liquid or CNSL.
- Cashews in Costa Rica are harvested during March and April.
- A freshly picked cashew nut is highly flammable and can even be explosive.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1808 Thomas Cook was born. In 1841 Cook hired a special excursion train between Leicester and Loughborough in England for a temperance meeting. The beginning of Thomas Cook & Son, the worldwide travel agency.
- 1862 Dr. Alexander P. Anderson was born. He developed Puffed Rice in NYC in 1902, which was introduced to the world at the St. Louis World’s Fair…
View original post 32 more words